Job Title : Commis 1Location : DubaiCompany : FAIRMONTSalary : Open Date : 2021-04-08Close Date : 2021-06-08
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes together with the Chef de Partie shifting in the section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service
- Takes orders from his/her Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner
- Is responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie writes daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section
- Maintains good colleagues relations and motivate colleagues
- Works to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index
- Attends daily meeting with the Chef de Cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef
- Checks the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization
- Reports any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de Cuisine and to follow up and ensure necessary work has been carried out
- Passes all information to the next shift about functions
- Maintains the Hygiene and HACCP records in accordance to the regulations
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
- 2-3 years in a similair role
- Should understand how to read recipes and a good knowledge of cooking
- Good communication skills
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS