Job Title : Accountant – Intercompany and Bank (Temporary)Location : DubaiCompany : Aggreko, LLCSalary : Open Date : 2021-10-14Close Date : 2022-02-14
About Aggreko plc:
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
Purpose of the Job:
Fundamental function is to provide support to AIPL region mainly in intercompany and bank transactions
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Raising and receiving intercompany invoices for AIPL
- Book the intercompany invoices on a timely manner to ensure the costs are accounted on time
- Intercompany statements agreement and sign off by counter party on monthly basis
- Ensure timely settlement of intercompany balances
- Work closely with treasury and ensure we have their agreement on unsettled aged balances
- Ensure FCC (Financial control check list) is followed and there are no open findings.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation for intercompany accounts with appropriate supports to satisfy management
- Complete monthly intercompany SAFs as part of the month end process.
- Provide support on intercompany queries from the Group Finance team
- Booking bank transactions for AIPL bank accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for multiple currencies / accounts
- Manage communications with bank on various requirements
- Ensuring all reconciling items are cleared within 30 days.
- Transition to BPO – Transactional activities transiting to BPO in 2022. Ensure those activities are transitioned to BPO in a smooth manner to satisfy Aggreko standard
Education / Qualification
- Accounting degree with 3 years experience or
- Qualified Accountant
Desired Professional skills
- Previous experience in inter company preferred
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent excel skills
- Structured approach to tasks and their workload
Desired Personal Skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues who are often in different geographies/time zones
- Good communication skills
- Organised with good time management skill
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that allows each employee to be their best based upon their merit, talent and aspiration. We do not discriminate, and we abide by the laws in the locations in which we operate.