Job Title : Mechanic Technician IILocation : PerthCompany : HalliburtonSalary : Open Date : 2021-04-08Close Date : 2021-06-08
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under general supervision, Maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment including; diesel engines, transmissions, drive train components, winches, high pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, sand conveyor systems, air compressors, micro processor controls, electro-mechanical equipment, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, mobile/overhead cranes, wellhead attachments and pressure equipment, gearboxes, PTO's, generators, chemical metering systems, 12/24v electrical systems, equipment cabs and controls, chassis and suspension, rims, tires and wheels, forklifts, A/C systems, and a variety of other energy services equipment. Responsible for ensuring duties are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner. Perform preventive/predictive maintenance procedures on Halliburton equipment. Performs inspections required by company, and government entities. Perform troubleshooting on electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Installs and/or replaces new or reconditioned repair parts. Test equipment for proper operation. Performs own work and provides assistance to others as directed. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations. Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined. Skills are typically acquired through possession of a Technical School certificate and 3 years of experience in related fields. Must possess a valid driver's license.
- To maintain a diverse range Trucks, trailers, skids and unique oilfield equipment such as cementing and pressure pumping. The position is based at our Jandakot facility in WA, however both land and offshore work is required covering Halliburton’s Western Australia and Victoria customer base.
- Previous offshore experience will be looked on favourably however all qualified candidates looking to enter the oil and gas industry will be seriously considered.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work in remote locations/environments without Supervision. Candidates will be able to troubleshoot and diagnose faults and carry out repairs in a pressure environment.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment including; Prime movers, trailers, oilfield specific cementing, pressure pumping, coil tubing and nitrogen equipment, diesel engines, transmissions, drive train components, winches, high pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, sand conveyor systems, air compressors, micro processor controls, electro-mechanical equipment, hydraulic system and a variety of other energy services equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring duties are performed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
- Perform preventive/predictive maintenance procedures on equipment.
- Performs inspections required by the company, and government entities.
- Perform basic troubleshooting on electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Performs own work and provides assistance to others as directed.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills related to HSE related activities – site assessments and risk analyses, onsite safety meetings, PPE use, documentation.
- Trade Qualification - Heavy Duty Fitter (Diesel) or similar
- Experience with Caterpillar engines, Allison transmissions, Hydraulic systems and troubleshooting advantageous.
- Ability to pass fitness for work medical and ongoing drug & alcohol screenings
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A positive attitude with a proven positive work ethic
- At least 2 contactable employer references on your resume
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
15 Marriott Road, Perth, Western Australia, 6164, Australia
Requisition Number: 92266
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Maintenance PSL
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.