Job Title : Team AssistantLocation : Dhaka, Dhaka, BangladeshCompany : World Health OrganizationSalary : Open Date : 2021-04-09Close Date : 2021-06-09OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
WHO is the specialized agency of the United Nations with the objectives to promote health, keep the world safe and serve the vulnerable. The Communicable Diseases surveillance (CDS) Programme of WHO seeks to address the pledge of leaving no one behind in the programme areas to achieve the national health goals by providing needs-based technical assistance in national level policy formulation, setting norms and standards, improving knowledge dissemination, monitoring country health situation and building sustainable institutional capacity, to play a greater leadership role in different national technical forums as well as contribute to regional and global public health platforms in the area of communicable diseases such as HIV, Malaria, Tuberculosis, neglected tropical diseases (Kala-azar, Lymphatic Filariasis, Leprosy, Soil transmitted helminthiasis, Rabies Snake bite, Dengue and Chikungunya etc.) , viral hepatitis, Kala-azar, Dengue Cholera, and other vector borne diseases, .The programme also aims to provide normative expertise, especially in the realms of prevention, treatment, care, research, training and epidemiology, `to strengthen national capacity and assist building innovative frameworks for public health action against these diseases. The immediate Strategic Objective is to facilitate the implementation of the activities of CDS unit more efficiently and effectively as per organizational rules and regulations and provide a full range of secretarial services in support of project/programme activities
Description Of Duties
Under the guidance of MO - CDs and direct supervision of the NPO - NTD, the incumbent provides office/administrative, program and secretarial support as follows:
Essential: Completion of secondary school education.
Desirable: Bachelor's degree in Business Management/social science/public administration or relevant field would be an asset. Training in administrative and office management practices would be an additional asset.
Essential: At least three (3) years' experience in secretarial/ /administrative work/project management
Desirable: Experience in general administration and support areas in WHO or in another UN/international organization, NGOs would be an advantage.
Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices. The incumbent keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, and WHO.Ability to draft standard correspondence;Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required.Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Bangla.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at BDT 1,067,171 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)
Mar 24, 2021, 12:03:00 AM
Apr 13, 2021, 2:59:00 PM
SE_BAN WR Office, Bangladesh
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.