Job Title : Aspiring Cloud EngineerLocation : LeuvenCompany : datarootsSalary : Open Date : 2021-04-08Close Date : 2021-06-08
As a Cloud Engineer you excel in building, automating and implementing cloud native infrastructure that supports production grade AI solution development. You have a sharp eye for detail while coming up with and automating CI/CD pipelines, test suites and Infrastructure-as-Code with cloud native approach. You embrace the DevOps philosophy and understand that tooling and engineering are just a part of the story. You enjoy coaching your colleagues, as well as advocating for DevOps principles at customers, to deliver best-in-class solutions.
Scale-up Dataroots from Leuven and Brussels researches, designs and codes robust AI-solutions & platforms for various sectors. Our dedicated in-house team of AI-specialists uses state-of-the-art techniques to optimise traditional company processes. With a strong focus on DataOps and MLOps we firmly believe in robust and production-ready solutions being an essential part to our work. The result? Our teams provides clients a reliable foundation to make data-driven decisions.
What you can expect at dataroots?
Ready to roll into your next adventure? Let’s meet! At Dataroots, we have prepared a 2-month training program for young graduates that gives you a strong foundation to start your career as a cloud engineer (Start date: September 2021). During these months you will be introduced to the world of AI, cloud, data, infraops and robust software design. After this period, you will continue to develop towards becoming an expert in machine learning or data engineering based on your experiences, background and/or preferences.
Our offices are the ideal workplace for people with a knack for innovation. Our languages? Python, Scala and Go. What we speak when we're not coding? English, because, with colleagues from Mexico or France, you'll enter an inspiring and internationally focused team.
- You are strongly motivated to become an excellent Cloud Engineer.
- You have a background in IT development and are at least fluent in one programming language.
- You have a knack for picking up on new technologies and frameworks.
- You have a strong passion in data-driven technologies.
- You ideally have knowledge of English and Dutch, knowledge of French is a plus.
- You have an analytics and solution oriented mindset.
- You have strong communication skills and look forward to helping clients in overcoming their challenges.
Nice to haves
- You know that Kubernetes, Terraform and CI/CD aren't Star Wars characters. You have a significant knowhow of data-architecture and data-infrastructure.
- You know your way around tools like Apache Spark, Beam and/or Kafka.
- You're at ease with programming in Scala and Python.
- You have a solid foundation in Machine Learning theory and have trained and/or deployed your first AI models.
- You know the ins and outs of cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- You enjoy wrangling large amounts of data.
This list was probably a bit much. Don't worry, we don't expect you to tick every box from the beginning. Most of all: we are looking for colleagues with the same passion for personal and team development as the rest of us.
- An attractive salary package.
- Guidance by our experienced Machine Learning Engineers, Data Engineers and other experts.
- A training trajectory & budget focused on advancing your professional career.
- Trainings and seminars with your team and external experts to further sharpen your technical skillset.
- We let off steam during our fries & beers and monthly [email protected] events #workhardplayhard.
- Your own innovation budget to work on cool, educational, challenging and/or opensource projects with others within your guild.
We currently have offices in Leuven and Brussels but most of our work is done remotely. We do expect team members to live in Belgium and to be able to travel to clients when and where required (often weekly), but we are actively adopting this new way of working
Ready for a new chapter as a Cloud Engineer at Dataroots? Great! Apply now!