Job Title : Finance Manager (Remote) - $100,000/year USDLocation : São PauloCompany : Crossover for WorkSalary : Open Date : 2020-11-30Close Date : 2021-01-30Are you the star accountant on your team, the one everyone goes to when they hit a roadblock? When your exceptionally sharp eye spots an error in an invoice, payment or reconciliation, do you relentlessly investigate until you find the root cause? Are you looking for a company that has successfully automated the accounting drudgery that most Finance organizations do manually so that you can focus on what really matters? If so, we want you to join our 100% remote corporate Finance group.
We're a notoriously high-margin, PE-funded software conglomerate building a revolutionary, world-class Finance operation that enables us to buy 1-2 companies per week. To achieve this, we are rapidly building a community of the world’s smartest and best Finance professionals, and we need an outstanding coach to help our accountants and financial analysts be as strong as you are.
What You Will Be Doing
Your main mission will be to use your outstanding knowledge of US GAAP and superlative financial acumen to dig into the results our Accountants and Financial Analysts produce. You will write actionable coaching documents for them that are clear, simple, impactful and derived from insights you discovered personally. In your weekly 1:1s with your team members, you will ask probing questions to confirm that your feedback is being applied.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Managing people in the traditional sense -- i.e., hiring, writing performance reviews, managing workflow
- Attending endless meetings about business analysis
- Analyzing finances and budgeting
Coaching your team of accountants by:
- Reviewing financial reports and processes for quality
- Diving deep to identify the root cause of any quality failure
- Developing simple solutions that fix the failure
- Writing clear coaching documents that ensure highest quality outputs
- Accounting or finance degree, with qualification as CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CFA
- 5+ years of experience with US GAAP/IFRS
- Experience with at least 5 audits (as an auditor or client) at a Big 4 Firm
- 3+ years working in or managing a distributed finance team in a multinational company
- Responsibility for at least US$50m revenue, either as the most senior finance person or as the person responsible for a key finance function
- Team leadership experience
- Experience with Oracle’s NetSuite
- Experience implementing end-to-end finance operations best practices in areas such as R2R, OTC and PTP
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.