Job Title : Administrative AssistantLocation : Lindsay, ONCompany : Fleming CollegeSalary : Open Date : 2021-04-08Close Date : 2021-06-08
Fleming is located in the heart of the Kawartha Lakes Region in Central Ontario... a beautiful place to live and work, surrounded by natural beauty and a mere 90 minutes north-east of Toronto. The College’s 6,800 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, including hundreds of international students from countries around the world, attend at campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Haliburton and Cobourg. Fleming offers more than 100 full-time programs in Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, Fine Arts, General Arts and Science, Technology, Skilled Trades, Community Development, Health, Business, and Justice as well as other Continuing Education courses.
We are also extremely proud of our more than 73,000 Fleming alumni who are contributing to their communities in the region, across the province and around the world.
The Office of Applied Research and Innovation (OARI) infuses an applied research culture across Fleming College through education, seeking and acquiring funding opportunities, developing partnerships locally, provincially, nationally and internationally and advocating the value of research in an applied learning environment.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Applied Research & Innovation, the position plays a pivotal role in supporting the operations of the Office of Applied Research & Innovation, coordinating its functions and providing support to the Vice-President, Applied Research & Innovation, thereby facilitating the handling of highly confidential and often sensitive matters.
This position also provides administrative support to both the Manager, OARI and Manager, CAWT and provides direction and support as the first point of contact in the Vice-President’s office for guests, visitors, staff and students, providing a professional image of the College at all times. Additionally, the incumbent works closely with the Research Grants Financial Officer to assist with the processing of financial and payroll transactions for all employees and researchers within the research centres at Fleming. This position also provides support to Fleming’s Research Ethics Board (REB) and reviews and coordinates research applications from internal and external researchers as well as providing administrative guidance on the REB process to external researchers.
For a complete job description, please refer to the document found here: Job Description
Explore what Fleming College has to offer and the beautiful communities we are surrounded by. Check out [email protected]
2-year diploma in Bookkeeping, Accounting and/or Office Administration and three years experience:
- Experience processing financial transactions and associated administrate tasks, including the use of spreadsheets (Excel)
- Proficiency in a variety of software including but not limited to Excel, Word Evolve, Outlook, Internet browsing applications and general administrative applications (Doodle Polls, WebEx, DropBox)
- Experience with Research Ethics Boards is preferred
- Experience interpreting various federal and provincial research funding guidelines is preferred
- Experience with international travel, currency & customs
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate tact and diplomacy at all times
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to function professionally and efficiently in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, proactively analyze and anticipate issues, effectively solve problems in a timely manner and exercise sound judgment.
- Effective team player (with multiple teams) with a commitment to quality improvement processes.
- Ability to work with significant autonomy.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment with constantly changing priorities
Internal candidates will receive first consideration in accordance with our Support Staff Collective Agreement. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining the Fleming College family.What Are We About?
Fleming College is committed to building diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible learning and working environments. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our Staff, our Faculty and our Administration including, but not limited to, women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity to apply.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities and commit to ensuring accommodations available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation. To obtain a copy of this document in another format please e-mail [email protected]