Job Title : Program AssistantLocation : Parksville, BCCompany : Island HealthSalary : Open Date : 2021-04-08Close Date : 2021-06-08
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to Manager or designate, the Program Assistant, provides a variety of administrative, project, and research support duties for various projects undertaken by the management and staff of the assigned area, by utilizing a personal computer and a variety of software tools such as project management, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, and database applications.
Prepares and produces a variety of technical and non-technical material and documents. Performs duties such as developing tracking systems, maintaining project related records and computer directories, and a variety of general duties such as keyboarding, record keeping, compiling statistical information, preparing of agendas, recording of minutes and distributing documents. Assists with staff scheduling and maintenance of calendars as required. Travel is a requirement of the job. Transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of VIHA, in accordance with service assignments and requires access to a personal vehicle.QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Training And Experience
High school graduation supplemented by completion of courses in business or public administration such as project management, report writing, computer software applications, and office management, plus two years' recent related experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid class 5 driver's license.Skills And Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to keyboard 50 wpm.
- Knowledge of business English and current office methods, procedures and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to use advanced word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to utilize electronic resources such as Internet for information search purposes.
- Ability to evaluate projects and to plan, monitor and implement various work projects and assignments without detailed supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cooperation with others.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, time, and resources under deadlines.