Job Title : Office Assistant, MHSULocation : Nanaimo, BCCompany : Island HealthSalary : Open Date : 2021-04-08Close Date : 2021-06-08
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of Island Health patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Administrative Services; Manager or designate the Office Assistant provides clerical support services to the clinical staff and service. Types and formats a variety of documents and maintains client records relating to admission, discharge and transfers. Provides site-specific receptionist services including answering general inquiries, greeting clients and booking appointments.QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Training And Experience
Grade 12 graduation, plus additional courses in Microsoft Office, plus one year of recent related clerical experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Experience working with adults and youth with mental health and substance use issues.Skills And Abilities
- Ability to type 55 words per minute.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Application (e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel and Access)
- Ability to operate related office equipment, e.g., photocopier, facsimile
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work as a member of a client-focused team.
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful, courteous manner.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain confidentiality.