Job Title : Prototype aircraft mechanic / Light aircraft manufacturer (m/f/d)Location : BruchsalCompany : Volocopter GmbHSalary : Open Date : 2021-04-08Close Date : 2021-06-08
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
You are experienced in handling aircraft and sub-assemblies. You are already working in the field of aircraft manufacturing and have a basic knowledge of electrical drive technology and fiber composite construction.
Ideally, you are familiar with model making and have correspondingly strong manual skills.
As a member of a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary team you will complete the first VoloCity prototypes, supervise the flying models as a light aircraft manufacturer and give important feedback as part of the development team.
Do you want to become part of a motivated team and work on exciting projects? We should get to know each other!
- Repair of Volocopter prototypes
- Integration of test-articles into the prototypes
- Cross-system coordination in production and prototype construction
- Final assembly of individual components and prefabrication until completion of the whole aircraft
- Lamination of parts and sub-assemblies
- Maintenance and monitoring of the flying systems within the flight test and assistance in the test campaigns
- Completed training as a light aircraft builder, aircraft mechanic (EASA CAT-A or CAT-B License), or comparable
- Prototyping experience
- Experience in dealing with fiber composite structures
- Experience in avionic systems
- Experience in a Production Organization (PO)
- Distinct hands-on mentality and solution orientedness
- Reliable, structured, and self-starter mindset
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices in Bruchsal are offering an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, a rooftop terrace for evening BBQs and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employee. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.