Job Title : EMEA Sales & Marketing - French Flow Rates Sales - Associate - ParisLocation : Paris (75)Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.Salary : Open Date : 2021-04-08Close Date : 2021-06-08
J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co., a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion and clients in more than 100 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
J.P. Morgan is looking for an Associate to join the France Flow Rates Sales team. This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will help maintain relationships with clients and match our services and products to their needs. You will work with the trading and research teams to provide comprehensive client coverage, including fulfilling client requests for market updates, executing client orders and providing institutional clients with information about specific securities. There will also scope for the successful hire to also be involved in providing marketing ideas and help initiate transactions.
- Support Rates sales for institutional clients.
- Supporting the day to day client requests and needs.
- Implement selling as a continuum - independently and effectively complete a transaction from start to finish (make the call; send the research; sell and close the deal; book the trade).
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades.
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies
- Build foundation of trust with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs, clearly articulating desk ideas, and being responsive.
- Balance potentially competing needs across clients, internal partners and the firm.
- Assist with the post trade process by ensuring the accuracy of all entries and to ensure internal controls are followed.
- Prepare presentation materials and participating in deal pitches.
- Existing client relationships and previous experience in sales.
- Previous experience of Rates products (bonds/swaps/options) gained within an Investment Bank.
- Must have Fluency in French and English languages.
- Demonstrable proficiency with market and product language. Well versed in the quantitative nature and framework of own product (e.g., pricing, models, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial drive with strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Understanding of the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk.
- Solid understanding in drivers of relevant markets, with ability to explain and anticipate market movements.
- Understands transaction cycle and the steps in the process and is execution oriented.
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs.
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.