Job Title : Remote Sensing Engineer H/FLocation : TélétravailCompany : KayrrosSalary : Open Date : 2021-04-08Close Date : 2021-06-08
Passionate about tech? Interested in Energy and Environment? Come work for Kayrros, a fast-growing start-up using artificial intelligence to transform the world’s biggest industry.
Kayrros is headquartered in Paris, with offices in New York, Houston, London, Bangalore and Singapore. By working for Kayrros, you will join a dynamic team of 100 people, with diverse professional backgrounds—from data science and remote sensing to web development and big data to petroleum engineering and marketing—and over 15 different nationalities and 10 spoken languages.
Kayrros is the leading global asset observation platform built on fundamental science, strong R&D and leading technology. Harnessing satellite imagery, geolocation data, and multiple sources of unconventional data with image processing, computer vision, machine learning, and advanced mathematics, Kayrros monitors and measures energy, natural resources, industrial activity and its environmental impact worldwide.
Our team of energy and environment experts and tech wizards are working to bring transparency to the global energy market. Combined with our expert analysis, we give our clients valuable information on global market movements to make better business decisions—whether that’s trading, investing or managing their operations.
In September 2018, Kayrros received €21M in Serie B funding to continue breaking the boundaries of the energy market.
Interested in operating at the intersection of energy, environment and the data revolution? Get in touch!
We are currently recruiting for our Paris office, a Remote Sensing Engineer H/F (CDI)
The Remote Sensing Team is in charge of developing Kayrros core tech components for remote sensing data analysis. Its main missions are:
- R&D, implementation and internal support for image processing algorithms and workflows used in Kayrros products, solutions and platform
- Design, implementation and operation of the large-scale imagery ingestion service used across the company
- Handling technical interactions with major public and commercial satellite imagery providers
What you will do
As a Remote Sensing Engineer, you are in charge of :
- Design and implementation of large scale image processing workflows, in order to transform R&D proof of concept algorithms developed by researchers and data scientists to continent-scale solutions, on a broad range of topics such as SAR interferometry, 3D multiview stereo, land-cover classification, time-series analysis…
- Challenging, testing, optimizing the algorithms developed by researchers and data scientists
- Bringing your technical expertise and support to the Platform Engineering and Front teams, to advise regarding design, architecture and tech decisions
You have a transverse role in the development of Kayrros technologies, from domain specific algorithm design to production deployment.
You work with the full range of remote sensing data sources used at Kayrros (optical, SAR, hyper-spectral), in order to expand your remote sensing expertise and be able to support and advise all Product and Engineering teams.
Why joining Kayrros?
- We are a young, fast-growing tech company and are extremely passionate about what we do
- We are located in the WeWork building on Rue la Fayette, 75009 (free drinks, events and a vibrant atmosphere)
You will work with an international team and practice your English (or Chinese, German, Swedish, Portuguese...) on a day to day basis.
- At least 3-4 years experience in Remote Sensing
- Experienced Python engineer able to write clean, documented, reusable, and efficient code, and able to coach others in doing so
- Passion and proven record in building image processing pipelines with an emphasis on software engineering, code quality, unit testing, best practices
- Familiar with the geospatial open source ecosystem: GDAL, rasterio, proj, qgis, …
- Familiar with some components of our technical stack: git, Docker, K8s, S3, AWS, GCP
- Experience with C/C++ and/or CUDA/OpenCL is a plus
- Can communicate clearly in English, including with non-technical people