Job Title : Environmental Health and Safety Performance and Growth DirectorLocation : BengaluruCompany : CargillSalary : Open Date : 2021-09-29Close Date : 2022-01-29
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill's food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Environmental Health and Safety Performance and Growth Director will provide strategic leadership in global environmental health and safety performance and growth enablement. In this role, you will lead the team to promote a learning environment where both environmental health and safety and operations teams improve their capabilities, develop projects related to build, mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures and develop and deploy portfolio programs that comply and conform to local regulations and clearly defined requirements and enhance analytics and reporting capabilities in support of global enterprise and site teams.
- Partner collaboratively with business and operations to build strategic partnerships and effective engagement.
- Lead the global strategy for the adoption of innovative learning and assessment practices and technologies.
- Lead global procedures and processes to consistently manage a portfolio of build, merger, acquisition and joint venture projects and ensure their conformance in the project delivery process.
- Lead the global compliance register for health and safety, environment and process safety to ensure the sites execute programs that comply with regulations.
- Provide leadership on environmental health and safety portfolio management and program deployment including creation, deployment, implementation and effectiveness assessments.
- Lead the development and deployment of global standard dashboards and information technology systems training to measure performance and risk profiles.
- Identify and lead the decision making of technology adoption to enhance environmental health and safety performance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports and their organizations, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong scientific and mathematical knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of environmental health and safety industry practices and standards
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience, five years of supervisory experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in environmental health and safety and operations