Job Title : Coordinator, Academics-Student OperationsLocation : Sint MaartenCompany : American University of the Caribbean (AUC)Salary : Open Date : 2021-04-08Close Date : 2021-06-08Opportunity at a Glance Responsible for administration and organization of the assigned curriculum-based and student operations activities including, but not limited to, faculty advising/mentoring programs and MSAS program coordination. While the main focus of this role may be faculty advising/mentoring programs and the MSAS program, this position will also be required to support, as needed, any and all other faculty curriculum-based student operation activities designed to enhance student success The coordinator is a point of contact for faculty and students pertaining to the faculty curriculum or student ops activity programs. The coordinator will work closely with key stakeholders for the Medical Sciences portfolio (both clinical and non-clinical functions) to ensure accurate and timely implementation of program and activity components. This position will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, will perform a variety of tasks and work under general supervision within a team of academic support resources, serving as a backup resource as needed. Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules and attends relevant meetings.
- Records minutes and maintains a record of all program decisions.
- Collects and maintains data for tracking MSAS recommendation including attendance and intervention, or other identified program.
- Collects and maintains data and rosters for faculty mentoring program including student faculty assignments, scheduling meetings, student participation and attendance,
- Prepares weekly, and other regularly timed, correspondence and communication
- Coordinate, schedule and manage program-based activities
- Ensure appropriate availability of supplies and equipment, maintain and manage requests as needed
- Schedule all activities for the curriculum-based and student operation activities/programs, including meeting space required for lectures, meetings, small groups, visitors or subject matter experts that are needed to support curriculum-based program components as needed
- Student coordination activities may include but are not limited to: scheduling rooms for activities; preparing and distributing materials, gathering and organizing student information, tracking student absences, coordinating and scheduling meetings and all follow-up, maintain filing of all student program materials and correspondence
- Faculty coordination activities may include: scheduling, follow-up materials, program materials, assistance with curriculum support, etc.
- Proctor exams as needed
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable technological systems
- Provide administration support for all curriculum-based and student operations activities.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum one year administrative/customer service experience in a professional work environment required
- Prior experience working in an institution of higher education a plus
- Strong verbal, organizational, written and professional skills with customer service focus
- Proven track record of strong, proactive problem solving skills and detail orientation
- Must be a quick learner in a fast paced office environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated accuracy in filing and data entry using multiple student database systems (e.g. learning management systems, information management databases, etc.)
- Strong technological skills and working knowledgeable of all Microsoft Office products, Outlook and internet applications
Candidates must have a personal internet/wi-fi connection available for periodic work from home/remote privileges.
AUC’s mission is to train tomorrow’s physicians whose service to their communities and patients is enhanced by international learning experiences, a diverse learning community, and an emphasis on social accountability and engagement. Learn more about AUC, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.aucmed.edu.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, click here to visit our Diversity page.