Job Title : MediaCom | Media PlannerLocation : KarachiCompany : MediaComSalary : Open Date : 2021-10-14Close Date : 2022-02-14
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Media Planner to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for all tasks and client service activities associated with an assigned brand/account. You will act as a steward of the entire communications planning process by providing pillars for media plans, executing plan changes/maintenance of media plans.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Business Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- A competitive yet fun environment that combines the best of being excellent media planners of creative media thinking and at the same time being part of the largest media company in the world.
- Opportunity to learn and create leading work, working alongside specialist departments, who are evolving experts in the field.
- Be an expert hybrid planner in both traditional and digital mediums.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Being up to speed with cutting edge proprietary planning tools as well as able to extract and analyze important data; validating our recommendations.
- You would have a pulse of the business category & knowledge of competitive frame.
- Worked on moderate scaled live campaigns
- Have initiated contact with key media partners and understood the baseline of their offerings particularly digital.
- Connected with internal specialist & external stakeholders units to integrate solutions.
In six months:
- Being able to comprehend and apply our proprietary planning framework model in key campaigns.
- You would have landed live; larger scaled campaigns.
- You will have started to build relationships with the key decision makers within the current client portfolio.
- Master a flawless media execution process, working alongside various stakeholders.
In 12 months:
- Develop a strong category acumen - from a media and business point of view.
- Identify a pipeline of commercially viable solutions to support our client’s goals.
- Create and execute a pipeline of exciting business building ideas which could potentially be industry award winning.
What your day looks like at MediaCom:
- Develop and maintain media plans.
- Assist Senior Media Planner in devising strategy for brands.
- Review and update purchase orders within the execution framework.
- To ensure that all campaign efficiencies are achieved by analyzing campaigns, and recommending tactical changes to maximize campaign performance.
- Interacting with media suppliers to work on upcoming opportunities.
- Prepare and update media reports for internal and external stakeholders (i.e. post buys, droppage reconciliation, PIBs, double spotting, SOV Tracker).
- Present plans both internally and externally.
- Monitor client billing.
- Supervise with the Assistant Media Planner in creating, updating, and executing media plans.
- Assist Senior Planner's in preparing quarterly, semi-annually & yearly reviews.
- Assist Senior Planner's to work with cross function departments/teams as part of the media management process.
- Respond to client day to day requests.
What you need to bring:
- Must have strong organizational and numeracy skills
- Flexibility and able to work under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Respect hierarchy and follow a complete chain for assignments.
- Excellent personal/organizational management.
- Able to set and meet multiple demands within challenging deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally/externally, formally & informally.
Must be a BBA / MBA from a reputable university of equivalent.
- Must have an experience of at least 1-2 years in media/digital/marketing experience.
More about MediaCom
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. We do this by applying our unique Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business, enabling us to identify the best avenues for growth and unlock the potential in every brand.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but also for our clients. “People First, Better Results” means that we invest in our people’s careers and capabilities to help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2018, this approach led MediaCom to become the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100. The agency retained the WARC Media 100 title in 2019, also winning Agency of the Year (MediaCom Israel) and Campaign of the Year (Gillette – I Don’t Roll on Shabbos, MediaCom Connections Israel).
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$13.5 billion (Source: COMvergence, March 2019), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/Mediacom
GroupM Pakistan is the leading global media investment management operation in Pakistan. We see major growth coming on Digital platforms with internet penetration growing to 87 million broadband users and 85 million 3G/4G subscribers.
Social media platforms have also grown substantially in Pakistan where Facebook stands at 34 million subscribers and Tik Tok has replaced Instagram to become the second most penetrated social platform. While the digitalization of the market is happening at a fast pace, it has also opened up opportunities for specializations like e-commerce, Digital Content, Video Planning solutions, Technology and Data & Analytics in Pakistan. GroupM Pakistan is a closely knit community where we value differences in opinions and thrive amidst this growth. Be a part of our dynamic team now!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.