Job Title : Junior People AdvisorLocation : Warszawa, mazowieckieCompany : MaerskSalary : Open Date : 2021-09-17Close Date : 2022-01-17
At Maersk we have a vision that’s larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain through global end-to-end solutions. We count on our people to make it happen.
That is why we are building a new global HR service enabled by new technology: to make sure we deliver great experience to our people, so they can deliver great experience to our customers.
The HR organisation of the Future will work across brands, geographies, and cultures to support one global Maersk. By joining our regional team for Europe early on, you have a unique opportunity to influence the vision and delivery of the People Partnering Organisation.
The role is based in Warsaw, Poland.
You will work alongside, learn from and build lasting relationships with colleagues from all over the world. Joining Maersk, you will become part of the global family of the company that moves 20% of global trade everyday all the way, where one of our core values is Our Employees. It goes without saying that we value diversity: we thrive on the diversity of our talent in all its forms and we see it as a strength in building high-performance teams across brands, cultures and locations.
You will have a unique opportunity to stretch your capabilities by learning from, sparring with and building lasting relationships with diverse and professional colleagues all over the world.
In this role you will act as first point of contact for employees and take ownership of managing each HR related query to conclusion in order to deliver a positive employee experience.
Key responsibilitiesYour role as People Advisor will be to solve the HR-related queries of our employees and managers and make sure their interaction with HR results in a great experience. Moreover, you will be actively participating in preparation for the go-live of the new HR service delivery model, with new processes and technology. You will invest your time on implementation related activities such as administrative support, technology and process testing, language translation verification, creating local SOP’s, training logistics, etc.
For this you will:
- Support HR community with administrative and executional requiring face to face employee interaction i.e. wet signatures from employees, tasks related to frontline employees
- Solve HR queries online, on the phone or on site.
- Manage case resolutions (opening, updating, escalating as needed, resolving and closing)
- Provide general HR support to employees around the employee life cycle and provide guidance on HR knowledge content, such as global & local HR policies, How-To, etc.
- Guide employees and leaders in using self-service in Workday and other HR systems
- Manage HR data quality and perform transactions in Workday and other HR systems
- Prepare and handle HR documentation
- Coordinate and administer onboarding and offboarding processes
- Execute required uploads/changes on the performance forms in the system
We are looking forYou are customer-oriented and passionate about employee experience! You have high energy and drive and efficiently manage resolution of every employee query.
As for the skillset and experience, we are looking for:
- One-two years’ experience in an HR role; you could also have several years’ experience in a customer-facing service role and an interest in pursuing a career in HR
- Knowledge of local labour law would be beneficial
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, ability to manage conflict, and attention to detail
- Drive to identify needs, investigate options, seek solutions and partner with other HR colleagues to resolve issues
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be an engaged member of a virtual team
- Fluent in English and Polish