Job Title : Global Markets Financial AnalystLocation : LisboaCompany : BNP ParibasSalary : Open Date : 2021-04-08Close Date : 2021-06-08
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients - individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations - with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
The Primary & Credit Markets P&L team, as part of the Global markets Product Control, provides a full and dedicated support to the PCM business Line. The bank has a substantial trading presence in London, New York, Hong Kong.
The Flow Credit trading desk aims to satisfy client needs and provide liquidity in the bond and CDS market across investment grade and high yield names. The PS&F business provides Financing (Repo), Derivatives Execution & Client and Prime brokerage to corporate and institutional clients.
It will be required to establish effective working relationships with both Front Office and other areas of support (e.g. Back Office, Market Risk & IT). This will allow for an integrated and proactive approach to the business’ requirements.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Producing Daily and Monthly P&L based on the Middle Office P&L systems
- Reconciling Official Middle Office P&L to Front Office estimates
- Analysing, understanding and writing commentary on P&L using analytical tools
- Working with Front Office or Trade Support to resolve booking issues
- Close liaison with the traders to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of their queries
- Participation in business development initiatives across BNP Paribas support functions and locations
- BSc degree in Finance, Business or related areas
- Up to 2 years of professional experience (desirable)
- Good knowledge in English
- Good knowledge of FX and Interest Rates products within fixed income
- Strong Excel/PC skills, VBA skills (plus)
- Strong desire to learn the processes and products
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.