Job Title : Fire Emergency Services TechnicianLocation : Al Udeid Air BaseCompany : DynCorp International LLC.Salary : Open Date : 2021-04-10Close Date : 2021-06-10
DynCorp International LLC
Fire Emergency Services Technician
Primary Location: QATAR-OCONUS-AL UDEID AIR BASE
Security Clearance: Secret
Job Summary The Fire Emergency Services Technician is responsible for implementing inspection, testing, maintenance, repair and certification of fire emergency services equipment in accordance with procedures meeting or exceeding those required by contract and in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. Principal Accountabilities (Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Perform inspection, testing, maintenance, and recertification of Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Mine Safety Appliances (MSA) units.
- Perform a complete visual internal and external inspection prior to and after any hydrostatic testing as required to ensure that this task is performed every three (3) years
- Perform hydrostatic MSA and Bauer Air Compressor cascade cylinder testing as required to ensure that this task is performed every five (5) years
- Perform servicing of SCBA compressor and refill stations, storage trailers and gas boosters or decanting according to the respective manufacturer’s specifications
- Calibrate equipment to a standard that meets or exceeds all published specifications using accurate standards traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology within the limitations of the institute’s calibration services, or have been derived from accepted values of natural physical constants, or have been derived by the ratio type of self-calibration techniques
- Perform inspection, testing, maintenance, and recertification of ladders apparatus in accordance with standards and procedures as outlined in the NFPA 1932, Standard on Use, Maintenance, and Service Testing of In-Service Fire Department Ground Ladders.
- Perform inspection and testing of all fire hose, nozzle and appliances which will be tested and marked in accordance with NFPA 1962, Standard for the Inspection, Care, and Use of Fire Hose, Couplings, and Nozzles and the Service Testing of Fire Hose, 2008 Edition, and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Conduct inspection and testing of structural and aerial fire apparatus systems in accordance with standards and procedures as outlined in the NFPA 1911 Standard for the Inspection, Maintenance, Testing, and Retirement of In-Service Automotive Fire Apparatus, 2012 edition, NFPA 412, Standard for Evaluating Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting Foam Equipment, 2009 edition, and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Conduct inspection and testing of pumps, powered rescue tools, hoses, couplings & reels with 100% of service in accordance with standards and procedures as outlined in the NFPA 1936 Standard on Powered Rescue Tools, 2010 edition, and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Perform inspection, testing, maintenance, and recertification of Level-A and Level-B suits.
- Perform inspection, testing, maintenance, and recertification of all components of miscellaneous small power equipment in accordance with manufactures instructions.
- Perform inspection, testing, maintenance, and recertification of all components of the MSA Air Cart including batteries, full electronic testing of pressure sensitive alarm system, all cylinders are visually inspected, damage if found to the outer jacket (composite) is repaired, pressure gauges are tested and refilled (glycol) if necessary, all valves are operationally tested and serviced if worn, hoses HP 6000 psi are checked for damage and replaced if necessary (component cost only) and regulators performance tested as per MSA (or applicable manufacturers) specifications.
- Comply with environmental, health and safety rules and procedures, and shall work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MSA Level “B” certified to perform SCBA maintenance, prefer train the trainer certification
- MSA Level “A” certified to perform training class
- Ability to perform AIM Safety gas detector maintenance
- United States Department of Transportation (DOT) certified to hydro test compressed gas cylinders/tanks preferred.
- Bauer Certification
- Hurst Rescue Equipment Certificate of Competency to Inspect
- HOLMATRO Rescue Equipment Certificate of Competency to Inspect
- NFPA 1071 Emergency Vehicle Technician certified or equivalent or Train the Trainer certification
- HazMat Technician Certified or Certificate of Competency to Inspect
- Minimum one (1) year experience in fire fighting
- High school diploma or equivalent; prefer associate’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment
- Capable of performing all duties IAW OSHA requirements
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Capable of lifting weight of 50lbs or more
- Travel required between bases within the Middle East
Facilities / Maintenance / Repair (Full-time) Job Posting Apr 9, 2021, 3:57:10 PM Unposting Date Ongoing