Job Title : Customer Services AssistantLocation : Grimsby DN37+8 locationsCompany : Lincolnshire Co-opSalary : Open Date : 2022-08-19Close Date : 2022-12-19About the role:
Our food stores are at the heart of many local communities. You’ll be joining a team at the forefront of the business, working together to keep the store fully stocked and ready for our customers, always delivering friendly service with a smile!
Every day will offer a new experience, and you’ll be involved in a wide range of activities together as part of a passionate and hardworking team. As a Customer Services Assistant you will be working on our checkouts, replenishing stock, sharing your knowledge of our range with our customer alongside promoting the benefits of membership.
We’re part of the communities that we support, and our stores are open when our customers need us. So, we need candidates to be flexible with their working hours where possible. If applicable, we will discuss in more detail with you at the interview stage.About You
We’re not looking for any specific experience or qualifications – we’ll provide you with all the training necessary! It’s your personality, skills, motivation, and values that matter the most to us. You’ll need to demonstrate:
- A passion for customer service and a desire to deliver a great shopping experience for our customers
- Excellent communication and listening skills to help adapt to a fast-paced retail environment
- The ability to work well as part of a team to drive sales and achieve goals, ensuring the success of your store
- An enthusiastic approach and willingness to support your colleagues
- Reliability and being able to take responsibility for being at work on time, well presented and ready to be a brand ambassador
- That you can help us achieve our purpose by being inspiring, helpful, and trustworthy!
In addition to working for a successful co-operative business, we offer our colleagues fantastic benefits, including:
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays) (pro-rata)
- Pension scheme (with up to 12% employer contributions)
- Generous colleague discount rates across our family of businesses
- Twice yearly discretionary colleague bonuses to reward you for your hard work
- Working schedules that are available four weeks in advance, giving you time to plan around your shifts
- Free tea and coffee provisions for all colleagues during rest breaks at work
We are an “Investors in People - Platinum” employer, meaning that we have been recognised as one of the country’s top employers, offering progression opportunities to all our colleagues. As your confidence grows, you’ll have the opportunity to build the skills necessary to further progress your career and help to open up future opportunities. Whether you’re thinking of a future with us or looking to develop your skills with a community-focused business, we’ll work together with you to shape your career for the better.About Us
From a single store in 1861 we have grown to be one of the most successful co-operatives in the UK. We’re proud to be able to offer a wide range of services from across our family of businesses. From Food Stores and Pharmacies to Post Offices and Support Services, we’re a growing society made up of over 220 outlets and nearly 3,000 colleagues.
We're owned by our members, the people of Lincolnshire and surrounding counties, and have been for more than 160 years! Communities are at the heart of everything we do and motivates us to deliver more than great customer service. We support them by sharing dividend with our members, investing in new and improved services, raising money for charity through our Community Champion scheme, supporting local schools and so much more! Find out more about us, our purpose and wonderful colleagues here.
We work together as a Society and are committed to ensuring our recruitment process is barrier free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. If you need any adjustments, would like us to do anything differently during the interview or would like to get in touch with us about anything else, please contact our Recruitment team on (01522) 533316, or alternatively you can email [email protected]
We may choose to close our vacancies in the event that we receive a high volume of suitable applications, so we encourage all candidates to apply as soon as possible.