Job Title : Manager System & Automation - Doha, QatarLocation : DohaCompany : Qatar AirwaysSalary : Open Date : 2022-10-06Close Date : 2023-02-06
About the role
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high!
With an extensive global network, highly-experienced staff and premium facilities, Qatar Airways Cargo offers a high-quality air freight service to our growing list of customers around the world.
With our continuous growth, we are pleased to announce an incredibly exclusive and exciting opportunity to join our QR Cargo - Corporate Services team as Manager System and Automation in Doha, Qatar.
You will manage the complete Cargo Automation portfolio for the department including Network Support and Product Management. To manage and monitor System Compliance and Usability of Operationally critical applications.
To manage the Network compliance and System Trainings to ensure maximum efficiency with system usage.
Some of the tasks include:
- Accountable for overall Cargo Automation Capex and Opex, to ensure all cargo automation projects are delivered with appositive variance to budget and target to maintain or reduce opex.
- Ensure all Cargo Automation projects are delivered with tangible ROI, either in terms of revenue or cost savings or productivity gains
- Prepare short, medium and long term Cargo Automation roadmap aligned with business requirements and in conjunction with Cargo IT
- Monitor and engage in latest technology evolution within the industry, represent Qatar Airways in industry forums
- Manage the overall Automation Processes, Development, Testing and Training requirements for the business.
- Lead the Cargo Automation team comprising of 1 st level support, system trainers and product service support teams to ensure uninterrupted provision of Cargo system to the HO & Network as well as enhancements in keeping with business requirements and industry adaptation
- Ensure all data compliance is monitored and maintained for the Cargo application.
- Discuss system development strategies with IT dept. for a suitable solution as per business requirements. Conduct workshops if required to communicate requirements.
- Ensure system technology advancements are implemented through research wherever needed to improve efficiency.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. Together, everything is possibleQualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 8 years of job- related experience
- Experience in Network Support.
- Hands on experience on Support and Automation.
- Multiple Project management experience.
- Experience in System Enhancements and Implementation.
- Similar experience with a leading airline in the Cargo industry.
- Knowledge on cargo processes like Revenue Management, Operations and Reservation
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How to apply
If you’re ready to join a progressive team and have a challenging and rewarding career, then apply now by uploading your CV and completing our quick application form.