Job Title : Junior TraderLocation : LondonCompany : Marks & SpencerSalary : Open Date : 2022-10-06Close Date : 2023-02-06
Our International business has the exciting job of bringing our famous clothing, food and home products to over 32 million customers worldwide. Collaborating with our partner businesses, different countries and cultures, you'll work with colleagues around the world to help us reshape International as we know it.
Our ambition is to more than double International retail sales online, so there's never been a better time to join the department and make your mark as we continue to build inclusive and diverse relationships, and put the business and our colleagues at the forefront of every decision we make!
This is not just any job this is an M&S Junior trader Job! This is a 6 Month contract Role. In this role you will contribute to the maximisation of international sales, through the effective planning, selling, and trading of a global product range that delivers profitability at channel, range, and option level, for M&S as well as for our International partners. You will drive profitable International growth across all International channels and will support the International trader in developing a BU and Departmental product strategy and to translate this into plans which maximise Int retail sales, reported sales and profit.Key accountabilities and measures
- Identify product requirements for your product area that satisfies partner requirements to maximise in-market sales
- Ensure product ranges meet International garment compliance requirements
- Plan the product level forward sales for International online sales fulfilled through the UK stock pot
- Participate in production capacity planning and tenders before seasonal buying
- Collaborate with International supply chain strategically plan optimal routes to market and drive efficiencies
- Ensure iBT partner buying information is accurate – including cost prices, images, attribute/product data
- Support Trader in the delivery of Int buying events e.g. Buying fairs or remote/digital buying events
- Utilise product knowledge to recommend product catalogues for partners, creating cohesive ranges which max partner retail sales
- Drive International volume orders to assist with Clothing & Home price negotiation which drives value back into UK
- Work with the International online team to maximise sales with a trading plan which is aligned to the forward sales plan and stock commitment
- Accountable for ensuring stock arrives on time and is dispatched to International in line with agreed business rules e.g. via UK first, via off-shore Hub through 2nd production hit
- Ensuring partners fulfilment allows them to launch as close as possible to the UK.
- Driving OTB into International, to deliver maximum international sale figures.
- Ensure the Department teams are up to date on International performance, including sales, best sellers, missed opportunities
- Re-forecast forward sales, retail and reported, across all channels and partners, ensuring appropriate controls in place for UK fulfilled Int online stock to prevent stock risk in UK
- Help product areas trade out of stock through International opportunities
- Support the trader in Int lessons learnt for product category and drive forward action to grow sales in future
- Numerical, analytical, and interpretive skills
- Experience of motivating and developing team members
- Ability to initiate and build strong relationships with BU, franchisees, International colleagues, and suppliers
- Strong communicative, influencing, and organisational skills.
- Strong production/capacity planning abilities, including critical path creation and delivery.
- Ability to understand performance, key metrics and how to use such data to improve sales and deliver growth in future seasons in their area.
- Effectively delivering within a cross-matrix function
- Ability to fully utilise appropriate IT systems
- Affinity for product
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email [email protected] so we can make alternative arrangements for you.