Job Title : Enquiry OfficerLocation : Remote in ScotlandCompany : Scottish EnterpriseSalary : Open Date : 2022-11-23Close Date : 2023-03-23
Job title: Enquiry Officer
Team: Enquiry Team
Location: Any Scottish Enterprise office in Scotland with home working options
Salary: c. £26,775
Hours: Full time with flexible working options considered
Closing date: 5 December 2022
Job ref no: R00373
Scottish Enterprise is Scotland's economic development agency. We're committed to growing the Scottish economy for the benefit of all, helping create more quality jobs and a brighter future for every region.
Join our Enquiry team as an Enquiry Officer. You’ll be integral to supporting and guiding businesses and helping them to start up or grow.
As someone committed to delivering excellent customer service, you’ll be proactive in finding ways to continually enhance the customer experience.The role
Our Enquiry Officers play a vital role in making sure our clients have a positive experience. You’ll be the first point of contact providing advice and guidance to companies and people interested in starting their own business. You’ll communicate with customers through different channels, including phone, email, and LiveChat through our website and social media channels.
The enquiries you handle could be for Scottish Enterprise or one of our partner organisations, such as Scottish Development International or Business Gateway.
Your days will be varied, providing guidance on funding and grants, training, exporting and other business services.
You might be able to answer the enquiries straight away, or you may need to arrange for one of our specialists to get in touch. At times, you’ll need to search and gather information from a variety of sources and send it to your customer.
We’ll train you to use our CRM system and make sure you’re equipped to answer enquiries effectively.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering superior customer service – you’ll identify and respond to a variety of customer enquiries through phone calls, webforms, email, LiveChat and social media channels.
- Building an in-depth knowledge of customers – you'll measure customer satisfaction levels and make sure all relevant services are promoted to them according to their needs.
- Distributing information – you’ll provide routine product and service updates on Scottish Enterprise and our partner services.
- Effectively managing workflow – you’ll remain flexible and focused within a fast-paced environment, and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Finding solutions for customers – you’ll analyse and resolve both complex queries and customer complaints.
- Becoming a trusted advisor – you’ll develop comprehensive product and service knowledge of Scottish Enterprise, Scottish Development International, Business Gateway, and partners. You'll also adhere to industry and legal regulations at all times.
- Being a valued member of the team – you’ll maintain good working relationships within Scottish Enterprise and contribute to the team’s overall performance.
Your skills, abilities and experience should include:
- Exemplary inter-personal and customer service skills, both verbal and written
- Confident telephone manner
- Previous experience dealing with complaints or handling something similar
- The ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations
- Working with high volumes of tasks
- Confidence using Microsoft Office software packages
- CRM experience
- An ability to deal with multi-channel enquiries
- An ability to prioritise effectively
- An ability to gather information and investigate enquiries using a variety of sources
- Working in a collaborative environment
- Adopting a positive mindset and being able to contribute towards the continuous improvement of our service
Ideally, but not essentially, you’ll also have:
- Questioning skills
- SVQ level in Office Administration, with some contact centre training qualifications
- A minimum of two years’ experience providing advice for incoming telephone enquiries
- Experience of gathering information in an outbound telephone contact role
- Some knowledge of Scottish Enterprise business goals, activities and objectives
If you're interested in this role, please complete your application form by 5 December 2022.
- 1st interview: 12 December 2022
- 2nd interview: 15 December 2022
Being part of Scottish Enterprise means being open to new ideas and trying different ways of working. We support each other to reach our full potential. We celebrate shared success and learn together when things don’t go so well. And we always treat each other fairly, with respect and understanding. Together, we are the difference.Apply now to keep building your future with us
At Scottish Enterprise, we’re proud to celebrate difference. Diversity of experience and thought is vital to the success of our vision for the future of every community across Scotland. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applicants from a wide range of individuals, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, gender identity and expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
We commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required, not only during the application and assessment process but throughout employment with us.
We have the following networks which are open to all colleagues to help drive inclusion, Disability Positive, Gender Balanced, Multi-cultural, Multi-Generational and Pride (LGBTQ+).