Job Title : Financial PlannerLocation : Hybrid remote in Birmingham+1 locationCompany : Evelyn PartnersSalary : Open Date : 2023-05-29Close Date : 2023-09-29
We are driven by our purpose to place the power of good advice into more hands for both individuals and businesses. Our purpose is supported by our 3 core values:
Personal - we treat you as an individual
Partnership - we go further together
Performance - we strive for more
What will you be doing?
- To build and develop trusted relationships with current and potential clients.
- To be responsible for delivering financial planning and wealth management advice.
- To work within the context of an agreed business plan.
- All advice given to clients must be suitable, tailored and personalised to the client and in line with advice and control policies.
- Be strategically aligned to the Company's goals and objectives and act as ambassadors for the company at all times, having a clear understanding of the strategic place in the advice market
As a Financial Planner, some of your responsibilities will include:
- To look after and support client needs
- To plan, implement and execute the annual Business Plan in line with agreed individual expectations
- To build new client relationships and maintain and develop existing client relationships through effective ongoing service to help minimise attrition, and to deliver new instructions and referrals as a result of satisfied clients
- Structure and lead client meetings in a professional manner, ensuring all information and advice provided is up to date, technically accurate and meets clients' needs
- To ensure clients have the right advice to achieve their financial objectives, while understand and considering the impact of factors such as retirement planning, inheritance, and tax efficiency for individual clients
- To ensure client reviews are undertaken at least annually in line with clients' changing risk attitudes and strategic requirements
- To work in partnership with Investment Management (IM) and Professional Services (PS) colleagues to develop client relationships
- To build and maintain COIs to initiate and nurture close relationships with professional advisers
- Ensure comprehensive client records are kept and that these are accurate and up to date at all times and in line with Group policy
- Assist in the induction, mentoring and development of new Financial Planners
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Qualified to a minimum of level 6, ideally Chartered Status, with extensive experience of operating within a risk management framework together with a thorough understanding of the risks and threats pertaining to a private client.
- Proven ability to deal with new and existing clients on a fee basis
- Ability to understand and communicate advice practices and processes clearly and effectively.
- Ability to analyse client information and highlight requirements to make suitable recommendations
- Technical/product knowledge and effective communication of wide ranging holistic financial planning strategies & solutions
- A strong ethic of client and customer service
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise work
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to mentor, train and develop adviser colleagues
As a colleague here at Evelyn Partners you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Hybrid working model (role dependent)
- Generous holiday package
- Option to purchase additional holiday
- Shared parental leave
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings, representative of our society and clients. We are committed to providing a work environment where all colleagues, regardless of identity, background, or circumstance, feel respected as individuals and feel that they can achieve their full potential and work in a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment.
If you need any reasonable adjustments for your application process, please let your recruiter know.