Job Title : Software Engineer IILocation : PhoenixCompany : PaychexSalary : Open Date : 2021-09-16Close Date : 2022-01-16Description
Designs, develops and troubleshoots software programs for computer based systems.
- Performs basic analysis and design for program changes to gain an understanding of application changes.
- Provides time estimates for development tasks to aid in scheduling. Monitors progress against task estimates to provide status.
- Completes more complex program changes to translate specifications and / or requirements into code.
- Applies application specific technical skills to independently produce deliverables (i.e. specifications, program changes, unit test scripts, documentation, etc.).
- Acquires and utilizes basic business knowledge to support the applications.
- Recognizes code inefficiencies and makes suggestions for improvements, if applicable.
- Provides documentation to support program changes.
- Plans, documents, and executes unit test plans to ensure all code changes meet requirements / specifications.
- Supports programming changes during quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and post implementation to ensure integrity of application.
- Complies with and contributes to standards and procedures to ensure development consistency (e.g. programming standards, change management, version control).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer-related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Using one or more programming language(s).
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness in recruitment, selection, and decision making.
Click here for more information on our corporate social responsibility.