Job Title : Internal Client Services - Africa Technology Services - SCCM EngineerLocation : 0012Company : Deloitte South AfricaSalary : Open Date : 2021-04-08Close Date : 2021-06-08Company Description
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 264,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose â to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
About The Division
It takes a high-powered network of internal support professionals to keep Deloitte going strong. The internal services function provides a wide variety of support services to our organisation and people.
Rewarding career opportunities are available in:
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Marketing and Communications
- Financial support services, and much more.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where youâll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
Responsible for Desktop Client Services infrastructure with emphasis on Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager Operating System Deployment as well as the management of Image build process and Deployment (using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit)
The role requires interaction with Global counter parts in terms of understanding the Global direction and strategy as well as the local infrastructure requirements.
Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (MSCE) qualified (2012 / 2016)
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist - Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
A minimum of 3 yearsâ working experience in SCCM 2012
At least 2 year of working experience in Senior Admin role
At least 5 years working experience on desktop support, networks and server environments in a corporate environment
Microsoft DOS Batchfile knowledge OR Powershell Scripting Knowledge
Apple Mac Support
- Supports leadership in the delivery of services to clients in line with the defined strategic objectives:
- Provides support to management in the implementation of change initiatives
- Works with team to complete work by set deadlines advising manager of any issues prior to deadlines
Effective use of time, equipment and resources
Differentiators for this specific role
- Deploys software and monitors the use thereof (SCCM / MDT Image)
- Manages and consolidates the workforce Mobilization productivity suite
- Pulls and analyses Custom reports in order to identify risk and put interventions in place.
- Maintains Workstation Software Currency to ensure that the latest version is in circulation hence mitigating risk to the firm
- Participates in the Change Advisory Board to identify, analyse and recommend remedial action with regards to incidents
- Develop, upskill and support subordinates in line with their individual development plans and Business strategy
- Manages workflow processes and functionality of team
- Mentors and coaches team members
- Manages own development
- Researches on new technologies and solutions and makes recommendations to Leadership
- Creates a package to deploy software on a seamless environment in order to achieve an enhanced user experience
- Streamlines costs by automatically and remotely deploying software to both install and un-install.
Living our Purpose:
Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
Knows the business and industry:
Knows how member firm business works and keeps up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends and leading practices
Manages to results:
Takes responsibility for assigned areas and contributes to the successful realization of common goals
Manages and executes projects:
Prepares and manages work plans to ensure efficient and timely completion of work
Identifies and solves problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
Manages quality and risk:
Understands and applies quality assurance and risk management procedures in all areas of work performed
Manages change and ambiguity:
Is adaptive and flexible in the face of change and ambiguity
- Hardware Infrastructure knowledge
- Software Application knowledge
- A general understanding of the entire landscape in which both hardware and software application resides (i.e. Network, hardware, software, appliances)
- Troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
- In-depth understanding of desktop architecture
- Understanding of the Risk within the environment
Needs to be approachable but assertive to ensure agreed images, standards, and procedures are adhered to.
Take ownership for configuration changes in the production environment.
Take an active role in making sure that all role players involved with configuration changes are included and provide input into each configuration change exercise.
Needs good communication skills. Ability to read technical documentation and manuals. Required to write concise and grammatically correct technical reports and business Correspondence. Needs good presentation skills and ability to present to leadership.
Evaluation of risk
Have a sound understanding of the production environment of Deloitte Southern Africa so that an accurate assessment of risk can be conducted for each configuration change exercise and ability to access risk and put an action plan to mitigate.
Have the ability to analyse complex faults encountered and provide corrective action.
Assist with the monitoring of the production environment after the implementation of a configuration change.
Good administration skills (accuracy and pays attention to detail) are required to ensure that all necessary policies, procedures, and audit trail documentation are kept up to date.
Able to multi-task, prioritize work when changes arise and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.